Activities of IQAC 2015- 2016
- Prepared and submitted AQAR for the year 2014-2015
- Organised one day state level workshop on ‘Enhancing Quality in Higher Educational Institutions through Innovations and Best Practices’
Activities of IQAC 2016- 2017
- Organised one day seminar on ‘Service Learning in Environment’ for the faculty.
- Conducted three days National conference on ‘Journey towards Excellence’.
- Prepared and submitted AQAR for the year 2015-2016
Activities of IQAC 2018 - 2019
- Conducted No Drive day on 12.9.18 and 30.1.19 to control carbon emission in the campus.
- Organised an hands on training in “ Solid Waste Management and Maintenance of Terrace Garden “ on 4.10.18
- Conducted the the Student Forum on 25.1.19
- Prepared and submitted AQAR for the year 2016-2017
Activities of IQAC 2019- 2020
On 13th July 2019, a workshop on “Outcome Based Education’ was organized. This
workshop helped our faculty to plan their course delivery and assessment, keeping the
end point in mind. It insisted to develop learning resources like video files, audio files,
open source software etc., thus enabling the outcome to be observable and
Resource person- Prof. Sethuraman, Dept of Chemistry, The Gandhigram University
No Drive Day was observed on 16 september 2019 the international ozone day. The
students and staff refrained from using vehicles inside the campus thereby reducing the
The IQAC team applied to the PARAMARSH scheme of UGC with a plan document and a
proposal mentoring 6 colleges with whom an MOU was signed and got the approval for
the same from UGC.
A workshop on ‘The Revised Accreditation Framework of NAAC’ was conducted on 9th
November,2019 for 37 staff from 6 Mentee colleges and 17 DQAC members from the
Mentor college. This workshop emphasized on how NAAC is striving to make the
process of assessment more robust, technology friendly and transparent.
Dr. Kuppan, School of Mechanical Engineering, VIT, Vellore
Dr. S. Alfred Cecil Raj IQAC Coordinator & Asst. Prof of Physics,
St.Josephs College, Trichy.
Dr. Xavier MAhimairaj ,IQAC coordinator, Asst. Prof of Commerce, Loyola
Dr. Joe Jesudurai (Rtd) Loyola College, Chennai
One day workshop on ‘MOODLE’- (Modular Object Oriented Dynamic Learning
Environment) was organized on 23 rd November,2019. This session provided an insight
on the importance of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in ICT enabled Teaching Learning
scenario. Hands on training were provided on Mentimeter, Zee tings, Plickers, Zooms
and Moodle cloud Apps.
Resource Person-Dr.Binu Thomas, Joint Director, Marian Institute for Innovative
teaching, learning & Asso. Prof. of Computer Science, Kuttikkanam, Kerala.
Auxilium College (Autonomous) Vellore held a two day National Conference on
Teaching, Learning and Evaluation: Changes and Challenges (30 &31 January 2020)
organized by the IQAC. The conference was inaugurated by Dr. B. S. Madhukar, Former
Advisor & General Council Executive Committee member NAAC, and Member of
Assessment Committee (YCB), Ministry of AYUSH, with an inaugural address in the
presence of Dr. Sr. Regina Mary, Principal and Sr. AmalaValarmathy, Vice Principal. The
resource persons were Dr. Ordetta Mendoza, Dr. N. Jayakaran, Dr.E. Jerome Xavier, Dr.
Binu Thomas, Dr Mohan Ganesh and Dr J Madavan. There were 150 registered
participants from various colleges of TamilNadu, Kerala and Karnataka. The conference
aimed at a clear understanding of the revised NAAC norms in relation to Criterion II:
Teaching, Learning and Evaluation, concentrating on the following topics: Student
Enrollment, Catering to Student’s Diversity, Student Centric Methods, Programmes for
Advanced Learners and Slow Learners, ICT for Effective Teaching, Mentoring, Capacity
Building, Development Schemes, Evaluation Process and Reforms, Integrating Cross
Cutting into Curriculum, Value Added Courses, Employability, Entrepreneurship and Skill
Activities of IQAC 2017- 2018
- Organized one day workshop on “Roles and Responsibilities of Non-Teaching Staff in the Development of the College’’.
- Conducted Academic and Administrative Audit.
- Organized student Forum.
- Prepared and submitted AQAR for the year 2016-2017
ASQC created awareness on
- Gender Abuse
- Child Abuse
- Effects of Selfie addiction
- Organized a poster completion on “Importance of traffic rules and Road safety”.
ASQC members ensured quality by taking part in
- Instructional, Motivational and review meetings
- Data entry
- Digitizing the library resource materials
- Maintained discipline in and out of the class room
- Maintained cleanliness in the campus.
- Took measures to improve the communicative skills
ASQC Activities (2018-2019)
- 02.07.2018 – Terrace Gardening – Mime (Physics – Shift II)
- 08.08.2018 – Pollution caused due to the usage of fossil fuel – Mime (Maths – Shift I)
- 09.08.2018 – No drive – Skit (Maths – Shift II)
- 10.10.2018 – Say no to Thermocole – Animation (Zoology – Shift I)
- 10.10.2018 – Say no to Thermocole – Animation (Microbiology – Shift II)
- 19.11.2018 – First Aid – Skit (Biochemistry – Shift II)
- 10.12.2018 – Importance of communication skill – Skit (B.B.A. – Shift II)
- 11.12.2018 – Say no to Plastic – Skit (Chemistry – Shift I)
- 03.01.2019 – Importance of self defence – Animation (Commerce – Shift I)
- 11.02.2019 – Self Defence- Animation (BCA – shift II)
- 11.02.2019- Negative Impact of Social Media- Animation ( BCA shift I)
Activities of IQAC 2020- 2021
The Internal Quality Assurance Cell organized two days National seminar on Outcome Based
Education and Curriculum Developmentwith 350 registered participants around the country
in association with Don Bosco College (Co-Ed) Yelagiri Hills. Rev. Dr. (Fr) Thaddeus,
Principal, Don Bosco College, Yelagiri and Dr. Bernard D’Sami Former IQAC
Coordinator, Head, Dept Of History , Loyola College, Chennai were the resource persons.
A Webinar on Student Support and Progression NAAC Criterion -V in association with Don
Bosco College, Yelagiri, was conducted on 14 May, 2020.
On 20 May, 2020 a webinar for the six Mentee Colleges on the topic Governance, Leadership
and Management and Institutional Values and Best Practices- NAAC Criteria VI & VII was
One day National Webinar on NEP 2020 and Technology was conducted on 12 October
2020. Prof. A.K Bakshi, Vice Chancellor, PDH University, Bahadurgarhm, Chairman GAD,
TLC of MHRD and Dr. Vimal Rarh, Project Head, Technology learning centre of MHRD,
Govt. of India were the speakers for the day. This Webinar highlighted the benefits and new
amendments in our New Education Policy explained in a simplified manner by the speakers.
On 27 November 2020, the IQAC in association with St. Joseph’s College of Arts and
Science for Women, Mookandapalli, Hosur, under PARAMARSH Scheme of UGC
organized a webinar for the 6 mentee colleges on the topic Teaching , Learning & Evaluation
- Dr. Bernard D’ Sami was the resource person.
On 1 December 2020, IQAC -Auxilium College (Autonomous), Vellore and Don Bosco
College, Yelagiri Hills, jointly organized a webinar exclusively for the Mentee colleges under
the PARAMARSH Scheme of UGC on Criteria-III ‘Research Innovation & Extension’.
Resource person- Dr. A. Clementking ,IQAC coordinator from Don Bosco College, Yelagiri.
All the registered participants were provided with E-certificates.
On 9 December 2020, a webinar was conducted jontly with Loyola College, Vettavalam for
the mentee colleges under PARAMARSH scheme of UGC on the Criterion VI and VII in
RAF. A webinar on Criteria-IV‘ Infrastructure and Learning resources’ organized in
association with Don Bosco College, Dharmapuri, under the PARAMARSH scheme of UGC
on 12 December 2020.
AQAR for 2019-2020 was submitted successfully on 29 March 2021. On 5 April 2021,
confirmation mail on successful approval was received from National Assessment and
Accreditation Council to the college.
Activities of IQAC 2021- 2022
Activities of IQAC 2022- 2023