Career Guidance and Placement Cell
CAMPUS PLACEMENT AND TRAINING
The Career Guidance and Placement Cell of the College is dynamic body functioning to provide whole some development to the students. The cell works under the guidance of placement officers who are supported by student placement secretary and representatives.
The Principal and all faculty members extend their whole hearted support to the functioning of the unit. The Placement cell operates year around to facilitate contacts between the companies and the students. Students are adequately trained in preparing resumes, handling group discussions and attending personal interviews.
This facilitates in choosing out a right career path and equipping them for an effective job search. The College has State-of-the-art facilities for conducting seminars and workshops. Campus interview are conducted in the College ensuring job opportunities for the students.
Activities of the Career Guidance and Placement Cell:
- Training Activities
Training activities are organized throughout the year in an effort towards preparing the prospective students for the campus selection programs.
- Aptitude tests and Group Discussions
Aptitude tests and group discussions are conducted at regular intervals to enable the students to improve their performance in competitive exams.
The cell is sensitized to function all through the year towards generating placement and training opportunities for the students.
Announcements of job opportunities and avenues for higher education are made through intercom during assembly at regular intervals and through notice boards.
- Notice Board
Information published in journals, magazines such as employment news, competition review, etc. and daily newspapers are displayed on the notice board.
Well stocked library and updated magazines are open to students use
Books of various categories:
- Competitive Exams
- Institution and Career
- UGC NET/SLET books
- Seminars on Job Opportunities
Seminars on job opportunities offered by various industries like IT, Banking, Insurance, Medical transcription, etc are conducted for the benefit of our student community.
- The cell keeps on inviting various industries and reputed firms for campus
- Campus Selection programs
The placement cell coordinates quite well with the corporate sector and provides well-developed infrastructure to facilitate the campus selection programs
- Personality Development Programs:
Soft skill training programs
- Two days training programme on soft skills is regularly conducted for the final year students.
- Rajesh Thomas, Soft Skill trainer from C2C Chennai, offers intensive training for fifteen hours which have respective sessions on different modules such as Personality development, Communicative skills, driving out topophobia, Resume building, Group Discussion, Mock Personal Interviews, Mind Mapping techniques etc.
TRACK OF PLACEMENT RECORD 2010-2014 OFF CAMPUS AND ON CAMPUS:
|S. No||Year||No. of selected students|
|5||2014-2015||112 (Till date)|