National Service Scheme (NSS)
The NSS unit of Auxilium College has been committed ‘to serve and reach out’ to the society, for the past 45 years, kindling and nurturing the spirit of service and compassion in the minds of young people. NSS in Auxilium strives to provide space for its student youth to explore and experience life beyond their classrooms. As the academic programme ensures their knowledge and skill development, so does NSS enhance their personality. The students participating in the NSS activities are highly motivated to be socially committed, active agents of social transformation.
The best of community service is offered through NSS in the neigbouring locality and in the adopted villages. Field work and interactions with the public impart a valid, life-time learning experience for the student volunteers .The NSS volunteers are also involved in formative and reach-out programmes like awareness campaigns on legal, health, gender and environmental issues. Literacy programmes like regular coaching classes and orientation programmes for the school dropouts and school going children of the adopted villages, community development programmes and service learning projects, form the regular activities of the NSS volunteer
Dr. Amutha Arockia Mary P.R received State Level Best NSS Programme Officer Award for the year 2012 – 2013 by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports from the Government of Tamil Nadu.
Dr. Amutha Arockia Mary. P.R
Ms. Senthamil Selvi .G,
Ms. Parimala. C
Dr . Preetha .R,
Ms. Deepa. S
No. of Units : 5
No. of Students : 500
No. of. adopted Villages : 5
Names of the adopted Villages: Kavasampet, Chennangkuppam, Pillanthipet,Muthinampet, P.K.Puram Villages
- To involve students in service activity.
- To motivate the Students to be aware and socially responsible and generate them to be the agents of social change.
- Leadership Training and Personality Development Programme.
- Skill Development Programme and Community Development Programme.
- Orientation and Awareness Programme on Health, Education Environment and Legal issues.
- Collaboration with Government and Non- Governmental organizations and other local governing bodies for organizing programmes and awareness campaign like rally, human chain.
- Enhance green and clean society by involving the volunteers by planting saplings in the campus and public places and cleaning the same.
- Commemoration and celebration of National Events like Vellore Sepoy Revolt, National Integration and Communal Harmony Day, World Literacy Day, International Day for Books, International Volunteers Day, etc.
- Visit to Rehabilitation centers, old aged homes and orphanages.
- Regular visit to the adopted villages
Special Camp Activity
- Annual Special Camp is conducted for 7 Days in the adopted villages.
- Survey on Socio- economic status, literacy ratio, school dropouts, pregnant women and unemployed youth.
- Literacy Campaign and Awareness Programme on health, women, environment and Legal issues.
- Cleaning and Planting Saplings in schools and other public places.
- Organizing Free Health Camps and Book Fair in the village.
- Visiting the Primary Health Centers, Schools and other local government office in the village for study.
- Construction of Rain Water Harvest structures in the village.
- Awareness on Water Management and Microbial Analysis of Water.
- Conducting sports for children and youth and various other competition for women in the village.