The College is justifiably proud of its library housed in a two – storeyed building with a reference floor, built and inaugurated in 1991. The built in area of the library is 7450 sq. ft. The layout of the library and the sections in which the books are kept allow easy access to the students. The library is computerized and uses the barcoding system for issue / return of books. To facilitate the maximum use of the library books, department libraries are interlinked with the general library.
The college library is fully automated with a wide collection of the latest books, periodicals and CDs, which is expanded and updated every year. The library has an open access system. The Library functions in a networked environment and maintain one server and over 6 PCs to support its various operations and services. Electronic sources such as EBSCO host and N-List are made available to all members of the library through internet and the college intranet. It has specialized collections of Books, Journals & other resources in Arts and Sciences. The library subscribes to national and international journals in print and e-Journals. It is well-protected with fire alarm, CCTV and Wifi facility.
Stack Room, Reading Hall, Circulation Desk, OPAC, Internet Browsing, Reprography Wing, Question Banks, New Arrivals, Maps and Technical Section.
Reading .Hall, Reference Section, Back Volumes, Journals, Magazines, Research Theses, a Globe, Rare Books and an Archive Section.
Monday To Friday : 8.30 a.m. To 6.30 p.m.
Saturday : 9.00 a.m. To 1.00 p.m.
II. LIBRARY AUTOMATION
The college library is partially automated. e-BLIS has been installed with the following Eight main modules of the library in-house operations.
- Acquisition System
- Cataloguing System
- Circulation System
- Serial Control System
III. HOLDINGS OF THE LIBRARY
Library Books : 65, 743
Back Volumes : 10, 576
Theses : 295
Journals : 32 (National), 5 (International)
Magazines : 43
Online Journals : 2 (INFLIBNET/EBSCO)
CD/DVDs : 148
IV. LIBRARY RULES
1. Strict and absolute silence shall be observed in the library.
2. Cell Phone to be switched off inside the library.
3. Bags, Big handbags, Raincoat, Jerkin and Casual wears are
strictly prohibited inside the library.
4. Members are requested to keep their belongings at the entrance
of the library. However they are advised not to leave cell
phones, purse, money, credit card and other valuables in the
handbag outside the library.
5. Library users are strictly prohibited from taking the borrowed
and stamped books again inside the library.
6. If the due date falls on a holiday for the library, the next working
day will be taken as the due date.
7. Books will not be issued to members on the ID card of others.
8. If any book is lost or damaged beyond repair, the person
responsible shall replace it with a new copy or pay double the
cost of the recent price and handling charges or as may be
decided by the librarian.
9. Membership Cards are not transferable. Books will not be issued
to students on the Membership Card of staff members.
10. Any kind of marking, underlining, clipping of books is absolutely
forbidden. Readers shall be held responsible for any damage
done to the book belonging to the library and shall be required to replace such book or pay the value thereof.
11. Absence from the college will not be allowed as an excuse for
the delay in the return of books..
12. The following conditions are to be followed for the renewal of
[i] The book has to be produced in the library for renewal.
[ii] More than one renewal will not be allowed.
13. The borrower will be responsible for any loss or non-return of
any books issued against her original (or) duplicate ID Card.
14. Reference books, Newspapers, Magazines, Journals should not
be taken out.
15. Library timings details of fine structure are displayed on the
library display boards.
All students, faculty members and staff of the institute are members of the library.
Library Networks Membership
- INFLIBNET, Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat.
- EBSCO host, New Delhi
VI. INFRASTRUCTURAL FACILITIES:
- Server with 6 Clients
- Two systems for Internet Access
- Barcode with Scanning facilities
- 3KV UPS
- Reprographic Facility
- Online Public Access Catalogue – (OPAC)
- Wifi facility
- Fire Alaram
- e-Resource (N-List & Ebsco host)
CONSTRUCTION OF NEW MODERN LIBRARY IS IN PROGRESS
- Earn while you learn
- Collection of Free websites
- Book Exhibition
- Book Bank
- 20 hrs / per semester compulsory reading should be made by all the U.G. students.
VIII. THE LIBRARY OFFERS THE FOLLOWING UNIQUE SERVICES:
- Classification and Catalogue – DDC
- Book Reservation
- Reference Service
- Question Bank
- Display of New Arrivals
- Book Bank
- Current Awareness
- Newspaper Clippings
- Back Volumes
- Book Exhibition
- Library Committee Meeting
- Open Access System
- Theses and Dissertation
- Orientation and Training Programme
- Institutional Membership
- Archive Section
- Collection of Free Websites for Books and Journals
- Circulation Service
- Reference Service
IX. CONTACT US