Name of the Group – Kanali Women’s Cell
Group Co-ordinator – Sr.Arokia Jayaceli Ambrose
Members – Ninty two
Motto – Empower women to Enlighten humanity
Aims and Objectives
* To Affirm that women are the unique creation of the Almighty, and to enable them to experience the Sakthi within them
* To promote self Esteem, sisterhood and friendship among the student community
* To explore their opportunities to empower themselves as successful women
* To promote Gender Justice and the dignity of women in the campus and outside. And to remove all barriers that prevent full participation of women and girls in the public life.
* To publish and disseminate information at different levels on gender, development, women’s empowerment, respect for rights and diversity, and peace and justice.
* To prepare students to become future agents to transform and better the Society.
* Seminars on “ Women’s rights.”
* Creating awareness on girl children rights
* Training programme for “Street theatre .”
* Blue Heart campaign to prevent human trafficking.
* Community Extension service for visually challenged students.
* Group study on women’s rights.
|July||Guest lecture on human Trafficking Blue heart campaign.
Orientation Talk on Goal setting
|August||The contribution of women in Nation Building. Essay writing.
Programme on Personality development for students.
|Sep||Documentary movie on Human trafficking||Availability|
|Nov||Group sharing on social issues personal Reflection and prayer commitments||Compassion|
|Dec||Two days seminar on Human trafficking||Consciousness|
|Jan||Peace march to mark the Don Bosco’s contribution to the migrant boys.||Eagerness|
|Feb||Poster presentation on Human trafficking||Empathy|