Enhance and Sustain quality strategies to ascertain and develop competencies for excellence in higher education.
- To initiate and ensure quality in the Academic, Curricular, Co-curricular and Extra-curricular activities
- To create Benchmark in Teaching, Learning and Research
Functions of IQAC:
- Facilitates in planning the annual calendar of activities of the academic year.
- Organizes Quality and capacity-building programmes.
- Helps in framing the Departmental action plan and report.
- Helps in framing the action plan and report of various committees such as Sports, Library, Examination, Anti-ragging and Grievance redressal in the college.
- Helps in framing the action plan and report of various units such as NSS, NCC, VIDES, AICUF, ROTARACT, YOUTH RED CROSS (YRC), RED RIBBON CLUB (RRB), RANGERS, KANALI WOMEN’S CELL, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY CELL etc.
- Enables the process of documentation based on the seven criteria.
- Conducts internal auditing on curricular aspects.
- Arranges external auditing every year.
- Formatting of Feedback procedure and analysis.
- Supports and suggests the organization of programmes.
- Motivates and encourages the faculty in research activities.
- Offers suggestions for the infrastructural development of the college to the management.
- Monitors students’ progress and support services.
- Prepares AQAR and the SSR for submission to NAAC.
Members of IQAC
Dr. (Sr.) Regina Mary R. Principal & Chairperson
Sr. Amalorpavam S.J. Secretary
Dr. (Sr.) Jaya Santhi R. Vice Principal (Shift I)
Dr. (Sr.) Mary Sheila Susairaj Vice Principal (Shift II)
Sr. Alice K.T.
Members of the Faculty Shift – I
Dr. (Sr.) Jaya Santhi R. IQAC Coordinator
Dr. Scholastica Mary Vithiya B. Dept. of Chemistry
Ms. Anita Madona M. Dept. of Computer Science
Ms. Devanayagi A. Dept. of English
Ms. Amalarathinam Dept. of Mathematics
Members of the Faculty (Shift – II)
Ms. Gowri B.V. Dept. of Microbiology
Ms Gowthamaselvi S. Dept. of Tamil
Ms. Thenmozhi A. Dept. of English
Ms. Bibiana Nirmala V.
Mrs. Arul Mary C.
Mrs. Rita D.
College Union Leaders Shift I & II
Ms. Vijayalakshmi S.
Mr. Suresh M.
Ms. Gnanaselvi G.
Prof. Allan John
Stake Holder & Community Representative
Mr. Kalaiarasan M. Com., M. L. A.
Annual Report 2015-2016
The Quality Assurance Cell prepared the AQAR for the year 2014-15, which was duly submitted to NAAC. The Self-Study Report has also been submitted. The IQAC team members and the college are eagerly awaiting the NAAC visit for the third cycle of Reaccreditation. Internal Quality Assurance Cell organised a one-day UGC sponsored State Level Workshop on Enhancing Quality in Higher Educational Institutions through Innovations and Best Practices in which faculty from various colleges in Tamil Nadu participated.
Annual Report 2016-2017
The Internal Quality Assurance Cell organised a one day seminar on Service Learning in Environment was conducted for all the teaching staff of the college addressed by Dr. Azhagapa Moses, Associate Professor and Head, Dept. of Environmental Science and Dr. Anand Karunakaran, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Physics, Bishop Heber College, Tiruchirapalli focusing on Green Audit, Energy Audit and Biodiversity Register. In collaboration with United Board, Hong Kong, UGC and NAAC sponsorship, a three-day National Conference titled ‘’Journey towards Excellence’’ was organized. The conference threw light on the seven criteria for assessment. Fifteen resource persons delivered resource talks which were followed by group discussions and plenary sessions.
Annual Report 2017-2018
Internal Quality Assurance Cell organised a workshop on ‘Roles and Responsibilities of Non-Teaching Staff in the Development of the College’ for the Non-Teaching Staff. Rev. Dr. C.M. Varghese, Secretary and Principal, Don Bosco College, Dharmapuri and Mr. Ganesan M.Sc., Accounts Officer, Joint Directorate of College Education (JDCE), Vellore facilitated the workshop. IQAC successfully conducted the Academic Audit and Administrative Audit. An “Open Student Form” was initiated successfully, to ensure the representation and participation of the students in the planning and execution of the academic activities of the college. The Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) was prepared and submitted to the NAAC. The members of the Auxilium Students’ Quality Cell (ASQC) created awareness among students on various themes like gender abuse, usury, child abuse, role of students in the family and effects of selfie addiction, through street plays and skits during common assemblies and were actively involved in ensuring quality by taking part in instructional, motivational and review meetings, data entry and digitizing the library resource materials, maintaining discipline in and out of the class rooms, maintaining the cleanliness of the campus during break time and taking measures for the students to acquire good communicative skills in English. The ASQC members organized a poster competition on the topic “Importance of traffic rules and Road safety”.
Activities of IQAC 2015- 2016
- Prepared and submitted AQAR for the year 2014-2015
- Organised one day state level workshop on ‘Enhancing Quality in Higher Educational Institutions through Innovations and Best Practices’
Activities of IQAC 2016- 2017
- Organised one day seminar on ‘Service Learning in Environment’ for the faculty.
- Conducted three days National conference on ‘Journey towards Excellence’.
- Prepared and submitted AQAR for the year 2015-2016
Activities of IQAC 2017- 2018
- Organized one day workshop on “Roles and Responsibilities of Non-Teaching Staff in the Development of the College’’.
- Conducted Academic and Administrative Audit.
- Organized student Forum.
- Prepared and submitted AQAR for the year 2016-2017
- ASQC created awareness on
- Gender Abuse
- Child Abuse
- Effects of Selfie addiction
- Organized a poster completion on “Importance of traffic rules and Road safety”.
- ASQC members ensured quality by taking part in
- Instructional, Motivational and review meetings
- Data entry
- Digitizing the library resource materials
- Maintained discipline in and out of the class room
- Maintained cleanliness in the campus.
- Took measures to improve the communicative skills
Activities of IQAC 2018- 2019
- Conducted No Drive day on 12.9.18 and 30.1.19 to control carbon emission in the campus.
- Organised an hands on training in “ Solid Waste Management and Maintenance of Terrace Garden “ on 4.10.18
- Conducted the the Student Forum on 25.1.19
- Prepared and submitted AQAR for the year 2016-2017
ASQC Activities (2018-2019)
02.07.2018 – Terrace Gardening - Mime (Physics – Shift II)
08.08.2018 – Pollution caused due to the usage of fossil fuel – Mime (Maths – Shift I)
09.08.2018 – No drive – Skit (Maths – Shift II)
10.10.2018 – Say no to Thermocole - Animation (Zoology – Shift I)
10.10.2018 – Say no to Thermocole – Animation (Microbiology – Shift II)
19.11.2018 – First Aid – Skit (Biochemistry – Shift II)
10.12.2018 – Importance of communication skill – Skit (B.B.A. – Shift II)
11.12.2018 – Say no to Plastic – Skit (Chemistry – Shift I)
03.01.2019 – Importance of self defence – Animation (Commerce – Shift I)
11.02.2019 – Self Defence- Animation (BCA – shift II)
11.02.2019- Negative Impact of Social Media- Animation ( BCA shift I)
ASQC Report – Shift I
Staff in-charges : Dr. Mrs. J. Rosaline Ezhilarasi, Ms. M. Anita Madona
Themembers of AuxiliumStudents’ Quality Cell (ASQC) were selected for the academic year 2017-2018.21/07/17 :
The ASQC staff in-charges formulated the following plan of actions in consulting with other members of IQAC:
- To organize a state level one day workshop to create general awareness among students on Gender Abuse.
- To conduct a poster competition on importance of following traffic rules and Road Safety.
- To maintain discipline of their respective classes during morning assemblies along with the class representatives.
- ASQC members to take turns to stand at the entrance to see the late comers along with ranges and NSS volunteers.
- To make sure that the class rooms are kept clean.
- To instruct their classmates not to make any markings / scribbling on the tables.
- To help in entering data in the college library as the part of digitalization.
The ASQC members were briefed about the plan of actions in the ASQC meeting that was held at 1.30 p.m.12/09/2017 :
The ASQC meeting was held at 1.30 p.m. About 50 ASQC members attended the meeting. The last month activities carried out by the ASQC members were evaluated. The ASQC members were also given an extra charge of looking into the cleanliness during break time.19/09/2017 :
Thirty posters were presented in the poster competition which was organized on the topic “Importance of traffic rules and Road safety”. R. Sangeetha& P. Jaya Divya of II B.C.A won the first prize.PavithraMagadalene& J. PrincyPriyanka of III English ‘B’ won the second prize. V. R. Jayashree& D. Sasikala of II B. Com and P. Sornamugi& S. Suganya of III B.Sc., Chemistry won the third prize. Kavitha Williams & E. Jenisha Linnet of III B. Sc. Mathematics won the consolation prize. The prize winners were given medals and certificates during youth fest programme.11/10/2017 :
The ASQC members of Mathematics department enacted a mime and created awareness among the students on Gender Abuse during common assembly.23/11/2017 :
About 58 ASQC members attended the ASQC meeting that was held in front of the Science Block. The members were motivated to carry on their activities with zeal and zest.06/12/2017 :
The ASQC members of English ‘B’ presented a street play in front of the Arts block and created awareness on the topic “usury”.08/12/2017 :
The ASQC members of Chemistry department enacted a skit and made the students to realize the struggles of their parents and understand their role in the family.18/12/2017 :
The ASQC meeting was held at 1.30 p.m. in front of the Science Block. The ASQC members of the departments of English B and Chemistry were appreciated for their presentations. The members were motivated to carry out their activities to enhance students’ quality with regard to discipline, cleanliness and sense of belonging.05/01/2018 :
The ASQC members of Commerce department performed a skit on child abuse during common assembly.22/01/2018 :
The ASQC meeting was held to assess the activities of the ASQC members. The members were instructed to take some measures to make their classmates to converse only in English inside the campus so that the students will acquire good communicative skill in English.08/02/2018 :
The ASQC members of History departmentenacted a mime during common assembly and created awareness on the adverse effects of Selfie Addiction.27/03/2018 :
The activities of Auxilium Students’ Quality Cell during the academic year 2017-2018 were evaluated.