Auxilium Diamond Jubilee Memorial Library
“When we pray we speak to God; but when we read God speaks to us.” St. Jerome
The library is the central part of the academic and research activities of the institute. Its mission is to provide collections and services that support the educational goals of the institution. Exclusive block for library was constructed in 1991. On April 25th 2013 the foundation stone of the new library building was blessed by Most Rev. Fr. P.Soundararaju, SDB,DD,Ph.D., Bishop of Vellore.
The New Auxilium Diamond Jubilee Memorial Library block was blessed on May 25th 2017 by Rev. Fr. K. M. Jose, SDB, Provincial of Chennai and was inaugurated by Rev. Sr. Magnificat Soosai FMA, Provincial of Chennai. The college is justifiably proud of its library housed in a three- stored building with rich collection of resources.
All routine functions of the library are automated with the help of Autolib Integrated Library Management Systems (ILMS).RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) based Library Management System was implemented in February 2018.The books are classified using ‘Dewey Decimal Classification’ system and are arranged in the shelf accordingly.
|Types of Documents||Numbers|
|CD and DVD||457|
Auxilium Diamond Jubilee Memorial Library it has institutional membership with
- American Library, Chennai
- British Council Library, Chennai.
Library Working Hours
|Monday to Friday||8.00am – 6.30 p.m.|
|Saturday||9.30am – 1.00 p.m.|
|II Saturdays & Sundays||Holiday|
All government holidays are closed
Monday to Friday: 10.30 a. m. – 05.00 p.m.
|Rev. Sr. Juliana Victor||Director of Library|
|Ms. Shree Rekha N.||Librarian|
|Dr. Arogia Mary A.||Librarian|
|Ms. Sunitha R.||Librarian|
- All the students, Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff of College are members of the library.
- Identity Card is compulsory for entry into the Library.
- Members are required to deposit their personal belongings at the property counter at the entrance of the library and obtain the token without fail.
- Membership Identity Cards are not transferable and ID holders would be responsible for the books issued against the ID.
- Issue of books to the students, research scholars for 7 days and faculty members for 90 days.
- Renewal of books will be allowed once, if that book is not on demand.
- The fine will be charged for an overdue book is Rs.2/- per day.
- Underlining, scribing and tearing of pages or any other type of damaging of books/ journals is strictly prohibited.
- For Loss of book, the book should be replaced, if copy is not available the latest cost of the book with 10% of cost as processing fee to be paid.
- Readers are requested not to replace the book / journals after use on the racks.
- Strict silence, decorum and cleanliness should be maintained in the library.
- Using of mobile phone is strictly prohibited.
- Do not keep valuable things/ important documents in property counter; the library is not responsible for such articles kept inside the bags.
- Readers should not deface, mark, cut, mutilate or damage library resources in any way. If anyone is found doing so, she will be charged the full replacement cost of the resource. Books Borrowed should be protected from RAIN, FIRE, DUST, INSECT,etc.
- No outside / personal books are allowed in the library for reading purpose.
- The librarian has all rights to recall the issued books if required.
- Digital Library
- Internet Access
- Smart Room Facility
- Video Conferencing
- Conference Hall
- Sound system on very floor
- OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue)
- E-Resources accessibility
- Book Bank
- User Awareness Programme
- Reference Service
- Question Bank
- Display of New Arrivals
- Carrier Information Resources
- Reprographic Service
- Discussion Room Facility
|Colour / Indication||/ Subscribed Resources|
|Library Subscribed Database||EBSCO|
|Colour / Indication||/ Open Access Resources|
|Open Access Database||e-Shodhsindhu|
|Open Access E-Journals||Cambridge University Press|
|PubMed central (PMC)|
|ScienceDirect Open Access Content|
|Taylor & Francis Open Access|
|Open Access E-Books||DOAB|
|The OAPEN foundation|
|E- Thesis and Dissertation||NDLTD|
|Open Access Thesis & Dissertations|
|Open Knowledge Repository-World Bank|