Procedures and policies for maintaining and utilizing physical, academic and support facilities – laboratory, library, sports complex, computers, classrooms etc.
Laboratories, Sports, Computers
Purchase of new equipment
- The Heads of the Departments discuss with the Staff of the Department and make a list of the required equipment with reference to the budget allotted. The list is forwarded to the Principal along with three quotations. The Finance Committee studies the requirements and decides on the quotations for the same. The selection list is communicated to the HOD. After receiving the invoice, the purchase order is placed by the HOD who forwards the invoice to the College office for payment. After verifying the equipment received, the Stock Register is updated.
- When a student / Attender/ Staff incharge notices malfunctioning of an equipment, it is brought to the notice of the HOD. This is processed by the Principal and the finance committee. The repair / replacement of the equipment is carried out depending on the nature of the malfunctioning.
- The Finance Committee allots a budget for each Department and the HODs are informed. The books are purchased by the departments through their visit to various publishers and printers. e books or e learning materials are also purchased. The books are catalogued. RFID tags are fixed and the books are placed for use.
- Students can borrow two books at a time for a week. If a student fails to return the books on the due date, a fine of Rs. 2/ per book per day will be collected. Textbooks are available in the Book Bank for deserving students on longterm basis.
- Damaged books are rebound before placing them for circulation.
- Maintenance of Computers
- The computers are maintained through Annual Maintenance Contract with service providers.
- Classrooms are provided for newly introduced programmes. They are made suitable for the courses offered. LCD projectors, laptops and other facilities are provided. The rooms have proper facilities and ventilation. Periodic maintenance is done for the existing buildings.