About the Department
The study of the Tamil language and literature helps the students to develop language skills and to enhance their holistic personality.OBJECTIVES
- Imparting specific values for each semester through the study of language and literature .
- Becoming acquainted with a diverse range of literary genres, trends schools and groups.
- Analyzing and interpreting literary texts.
- Empowering students to develop communicative and creative skills – Journalism, Translation
The department of Tamil was started in the year 1956 and since then it has offered part I Tamil to the students of the college. The B.A Tamil Major course was started along with the other degree courses and was carried on till1972. Initially the syllabus was according to the Madras University norms.
`However the introduction of autonomy in the year 2006, enabled the department to be creative in formulating the syllabus. It is based on LSWR skills. Each semester focuses on specific values such as Human Rights and Gender equality, Religious harmony, Personal and Cultural ethics. The fourth semester is specially focused on creative Writing and Journalism. It helps the students to prepare themselves for Job opportunities in the field of journalism media and other communicative fields.
The syllabus rangers from Modern Literature to Classical literature. The department also offers job oriented Skill- based papers on Translation and Textiles and dress designing. Various teaching strategies –Audiovisual Method , Field trips, Role Play, Films and Videos , ITC,etc.-are followed to enhance knowledge and for promotion of language experience . In keeping with the University directives sent in 2010, the department offers courses in Basic Tamil and Advanced Tamil to the students who have not studied Tamil languageTamil Association – Ma.VethaNayagar Mandram.
Tamil Association Ma.VethaNayagar Mandram takes various initiatives to encourage students to participate in various literary activities. Students develop their language skills through debates, dramatics and creative writing and various competitions organized in the College and in the Intercollegiate programmes. Eminent speakers, journalists and poets are invited to address the students during Muthamizvizha.
Every year Sr.Rosella and Sr. Isabella scholarships are awarded to students who score the highest marks in the language Part I and PartII Tamil.
Faculty members of the Tamil Department also hold the pride of publishing Six books on Tamil literature and Gender Equality. The department strives and works towards the enhancement of inculcating knowledge of Tamil language and literature.தமிழ்த் துறையின் அறக்கட்டளைகள்
- திருவள்ளுவர் அறக்கட்டளை.
- பாரதியார் அறக்கட்டளை.
- ஐடாஸ்கடர் அம்மையார் அறக்கட்டளை.
- அருட் தந்தை சேவியர் அல்போன்ஸ் அறக்கட்டளை.
- புனித் அறக்கட்டளை.
- கோபால கிருஷ்ணன் அறக்கட்டளை.
- சன்பீம் அறக்கட்டளை.
- Details of UG Certificate Courses provided by the Department.
- Details of PG Certificate Courses provided by the Department.
- Details of Remedial Courses offered by the Department
Remedial course for weak students : 22 students
- Details of Bridge Courses offered by the Department
|Dr.Kumari.N||M.A.,M.Phil.,P.hD.,||Asst.Prof. & HOD|
|Management/ Self-Supporting Faculty|
|Ms.Sridevi.M||M.A.,B.Ed, M.Phil.,NET,SET, D.TED(P.hD).,||Asst.Prof|
|Ms.GowthamaSelvi.E||M.A.,B.ED, M.Phil.,SET, (P.hD.).,||Asst.Prof|
|Ms.Latha.P||M.A.,B.ED , M.Phil.,||Asst.Prof|
|Ms.Indhumathi.A||M.A., B.ED, M.Phil.,||Asst.Prof|
Innovative Practices of the Department.
- Slip Test
- PPT Presentation
- Creative Writing
- Teaching Through Drama and Poetry
- Classes Through NETSURFING
- Counselling For Weak Students
- Magazine Creation
- Teaching With Sports
- Teaching With Evaluation Method
- Competitive Exam Oriented Syllabus
Faculty achievements (Awards and Recognition)
- Sr.Arokia Jayaceli A –Best Teacher Award at Global School, Vellore.
- Kumari N –Veeramaamunivar Award at Veeramaamunivar Mandram, Vellore.
- Preetha R., M.A., M.Phil., P.hD., Asst.Prof.
- Veeramaamunivar Award at Veeramaamunivar Mandram,Vellore.
State level/National level/International level (Details of Workshops, Conferences, Seminars and any other activity conducted by the department in State level/National level/International level)
- Sanga Illakiya Aaivu Mayyam Collaboration with Auxilium college International seminar published Pathinen kizhkanaku AaivuKovai dated on 15.02.2013
- Semozhi Tamizh Aaivu Mayam Collaboration with Auxilium college national seminar published Sanga Ilakiyathil Sutrusuzhaliyalum Palluyir Paathukappum dated on 23.02.2015-25.02.2015
- Tamil Mozhi kattral- karpithal nerimuraigal on Auxilium college National seminar dated on 04 -11 – 2016
- Writing practise workshop was conducted from 26.06.2015 to 28.06.2015 at Auxilium college
- Drama Practise Workshop was conducted from 24.06.2016 to 26.06.2016
- Association activities (Regular association activities, Field visits)
- Facilities for Research in the department.
List of Research Supervisors (M.Phil. and P.hD.,)
- Sr.Arokoia Jayaceli.A
- Preetha.R of Ph.D.,
No of Ph.D., scholars (Year Wise)
- Dr.Sr.Arokoia Jayaceli.A
- Indhumathi A., M.A., M.Phil., Asst.Prof.(2018-2019)
- Dr.Kumari N
- Pavithra (2018)
- Nithya (2018)
- Anuradha (2018)
Department of Tamil
Shift – II
2019- JUNE TO AUGUST - LOG
In Thiruppathur Sacred heart’s college, 17th year of workshop has been conducted by the Drama Group Members from 21.05.2019 to 31.05.2019 for around 10 days and in this Workshop prof. A. Indumathi department of Tamil also participated trained the students about the Drama conducted in the workshop.First year students from the department of Maths - C. Priyanka, V. S. Sri Vika Durga.
From the department of computer science also participated and got training in the Workshop. Students from first year – J. Alphina, Merlin, S. Pooviyarasi, R. Yuvarani, K. Ramya, S. Maria Varsha.30/06/2019
In Vellore District, Javadhu Hills, Inaguration of Tamil Nadu Scheduled Tribes Organisation’s Branch has conducted in the morning around 11o’clock. Many of the Tribal Heads were participated in the event. Dr. R. Preetha from the department of Tamil also participated in the event and gave a speech about the Benefits of Tribals.17/06/2019
Shift II of Auxilium College begins with a gracefull prayer service orientation was held for second and third year students.15/07/2019
In organization of Ma. VEDHANAYAGAR Tamil department and Vivekanandhar Endoument speech was held on 15.07.19 in our college seminar hall at 11A.M. On this Occasion Dr. K. Tamilselvarn professor of Tamil Department in Muthurangam Arts and Science College has participated as a chief guest and gave a talk about Tamil and Vivekanandar.17/07/2019
Tamil nadu Government Library as conducted the National Level Recitation competition 2022 among the students to have a proper Reading Skill in our college on 17.07.19 speech competition has been conducted and every department are participated in the competition.TOPIC :
- NEED OF READING
- AWARENESS ON READING
- USES OF READING
- REASON FOR THE DECLINE OF READING SKILL
- T.Snegha Priya – I B&I – I Prize
- Christ A. Smith – II Physics – II Prize
- E.Divya – II Maths C – III Prize
Vellore, Auxilium college, Tamil department and Vellore Reading organization combined on 18.07.19 in the college Auditorium by 11 A.M . Reciting session has been conducted S. Lakshmipathi’s book of NAANUM KALLAGI POHIREN has been researched and explained about the book has been given by Tamil department staff members. Nearly 300 students from Ist and IInd year has been participated in the programme. At the end of session the author of the book has given certificates to the staff members.21/07/2019
Chennai, Sulaimedu, Aringhar Anna’s Literature group has conducted under the topic of “ New upcoming Kavithaigal” on 21.07.19 at 4 P.M . In Chennai Pandiyar street, Iksha Jeevan Jothi. Tamil Department staff member A. Indumathi has been participated in the topic of ‘Current scenario of Education ‘in the kavithai competition among 100 participants in the competition.Chief Guest: K. Mohanarasu, Director of World Thirukkural Institute.