About the Department
The Social Work department was started in the year 2005 and has an unprecedented 13 years of glorious and dedicated service in social work education and practice. We are marching on from strength to strength. The purpose of the course was to study and achieve scientific knowledge about the diverse problems and issues in the society. Prepares the students with the necessary skills for the empowerment of people with social courage, ability to apply skills for social research and develop an attitudinal courage to work with people and organizations. We have special commitment and concern for agencies and NGO’s. This is reflected in all our endeavors towards their welfare. The department continuous its journey toward reaching the unreached.
|Year of Establishment||2005|
|Eligibility for Admission||A candidate who has qualified in Bachelor degree with 55% in any discipline is eligible for seeking admission.|
|Allied Subjects||(1) Social Problems and Fields of Social Work (2) Social Action, Social Policy and Social Legislation (3) Project Formulation (4) Administration of Service Organization.|
|Aim of the Course||
Self Evaluation courses:
- Disaster management
- Counseling theory and practices.
|Ms. Ruby Martin||M.S.W.|
|Ms. Sharmi Althaf||M.S.W|
|Ms. Neenu Anna Thomas||M.S.W|
|Ms. Elavarasi.P||M.S.W, M.Phil.,|
|Ms. Saranya. J||M.S.W|
|Year Passed out||No. of students admitted||No. of Students placed|
|2015 – 2017||25||15|
|2016 – 2018||15||14|
|2017 – 2019||18||15|
Distinguished Alumnae Details
Innovative Practices of the Department
- The training has been given to the students related to community organization practices street play, puppetry.
- The demonstration of professional techniques related to Case Work, Group Work and Community Organisation.
- A ten days Rural is organized to practice the living out experiences.
- The college offers special classes for the slow learners in order to make them understand the subjects thoroughly and clearly.
- The effective functioning of the mentoring system ensures guidance/counseling and monitors the individual progress of the student.
- Remedial classes are conducted for the weaker students
- The lecture method is followed.
- In addition, the faculty offer demonstration lectures using charts, power point presentation.
- Peer group studies and remedial classes for weaker students are organised.
- Regularly conducting extension activities
- Students sent to national /state/inter college Workshops, Seminar and Conferences.
|Batch||No. of students admitted||No. of students passed||Pass Percentage|
Field Work Details
As a part of academics, the students will be sent to various NGO’s, Hospitals, and Industries listed as:
- Anbu Illam, Sainathapuram.
- Adaikalam, Sainathapuram.
- Divine Mercy Home, Kuppam.
- After Care Home, Allahpuram.
- Sishu Bhavan, Vellore Rountana.
- Guild of Service,Vellore.
- MBKG Pannai, Kasam.
- Organisation for Rural Development, Ariyur
- Bethel Special School, Thirunagar, Katpadi.
- Athma Santhi old age home, Katpadi
- Terre Des Home CORE, Thiruvannamalai.
- Mariyalaya home, Chennai.
- Hope House, Katpadi
- IJM, Chennai
- Santhi Gramam, Katpadi
- Academy of Prisons and Correctional Adminstration, Vellore
- WORTH TRUST-Transitional School for the Hearing and Speech Impaired, Day care Activity Centre for the Mentally Challenged--Katpadi.
- CMCH, Vellore.
- Sri Narayani Hospital & Research Center, Ariyur.
- NIMHANS, Bangalore
- Meenakshi Medical College Hospital and Research Institute, Kanchipuram
- Sri Ramachandra Medical College Hospital and Research Institute, Chennai.
- RUHSA, Department of CMC, K.V. Kuppam.
- CMC Chad , Bagayam.
- CMC Mental Health Center, Bagayam
- CMC Rehabilitation Institute(PMR),Bagayam.
- Karigiri Hospital, Katpadi.
- Raj nursing home, Vellore.
- Raj Hospital, Chennai
- Railway Hospital, Chennai.
- Agarwal Hospital, Chennai
- Scudder Memorial Hospital, Ranipet
- Apollo Hospital, Chennai
- Thirumalai Mission Hospital, Ranipet
- John’s Medical college and hospital, Bangalore.
- Worth Industries, Katpadi.
- Maladi Drugs and Pharmaceuticals, Ranipet
- Sara leathers, Ranipet
- H Exports, Ranipet
- Farida Shoes, Ambur
- M+L Industries, Vellore.
- Apollo Hospital(corporate), Chennai
- Agarwal Hospital (corporate), Chennai
- Coramandal, Walaja.
- Ford Company
State Level/National Level/International Level
|S.No.||Seminar/ Conference/ Workshop||Level||Topic||Place||Date|
|1.||Conference||National||Child Dignity in the Digital World.||Auxilium College, Vellore||23&24,January,19|
|2||Workshop||Department||Case work||Auxilium College, Vellore||23.07.2018|
|3.||Workshop||Department||Group work||Auxilium College, Vellore||24.07.2018|
|4.||Workshop||Department||Community organisation||Auxilium College, Vellore||26.07.2018|
|5.||Workshop||Intra college||Prevention of suicide||Auxilium College, Vellore||10.09.19|
|6||Workshop||Department||Disaster Management (Candles, Chennai)||Auxilium College, Vellore||03.09.2019|
- House girls programme – “Team Work And Effective Communication” on 24.07.2018
- Awareness on Dowry prohibition, Domestic violence and Sexual harassment was conducted by District Social Welfare Board, Vellore on 12.07.18
- Awareness programme on Child Rights in Katpadi Railway Station on 28.08.2018
- Awareness programme on Child Protection in katpadi railway station on 28.08.2018
- Community Based Rehabilitation programme in teachers home filter bed road Vellore, on 13.10.2018
- Visit to Mudhiyor Balar Kudumba Grama Pannai to celebrate World Poor Day program on 24.11.18
- International Human Rights Day in college campus on 12.2018
- Awareness on Protection of Child Rights on 18.12.2018
- Awareness Drug Abuse and Prevention organized by TTK, Chennai on 29.01.2019
- One day training programme on Human Rights in college on 05.02.2019
- Awareness Rally On Child Protection on 21.02.2019
- Rehab mela organized by CMC on 02.2019
- International Social Workers Day organized by CMC, vellore 23.03.2019
- Enlightening the needy , Gypsies colony, Palli kupam, Katpadi on 29.03.2019
- Street play on Importance Of Education, Child Labour And Child Rights on 20.09.19
- Community programme on Importance of Education and Child Marriage in Adigathur Tribal village, Tiruvallur on 13.10.2019 in collaboration with IJM, Chennai
- Community Programme for the elderly in Kavasampattu Village, KV.Kuppam on 12.10.2019
- International Mental Health a flashmob was organised.in the college on 10.10.2019
- A two hours workshop was organised for the final year UG and PG students on the International Suicide Prevention day on 10.09.2019.
- Research room
- Animal room
- Instrumentation room
- Store room
- Preparation room
- Agarose Gel Electrophoresis
- Hot Air Oven – Big size
- Oil Immersion Microscope
- Binocular research microscope
- Getner Zoom, Stereo Binocular Microscope
- UV-Visible Digital Spectrophotometer
- UV Trans Illuminator
- Calorimeter digital
- Phase contrast microscope
- Olympus cx21i biological microscope binocular
- Olympus eye piece camera
- All Glass Double Distillation with Auto Cut-off 2lit. per hour
- Laminar Air Flow 3x2x2
- Soxhlet Apparatus 400ML Extractor with 500ML Flask
List of Research Supervisors (M.Phil., and Ph.D.,)
- Dr. (Sr.) Mary Jossphine Rani A.
- Dr. (Sr.) Regina Mary R
- Dr. Mary Agnes A.,
- Dr. Uma Chandra Meera lakshmi N.
No. of Ph.D. scholars
|Year||Full Time||Part Time|
|2015 – 2016||3||-|
|2016 – 2017||1||-|
|2017 - 2018||-||1|
No. of M.Phil. scholars full time and part time
|Year||Full Time||Part Time|
|2015 – 2016||-||-|
|2016 – 2017||1||-|
|2017 - 2018||2||-|