Auxilium College (Autonomous), Vellore – 6
For UG and PG
- The maximum marks for CA is 40 and semester is 60, both for theory and practical papers.
- Each written test is of two hours duration for 50 marks. The tests will be conducted centrally. The average of two such CA is calculated for 35 marks.
- Other Innovative Components – 5 marks.
- For SBE courses – 2 CA tests of one hour each for 25 Marks converted to 40 marks. Semester Examinations is of 2 hours duration for 60 marks
- For Environmental Studies – One CA of one hour for 25 marks, Project for 25 marks, converted to 40 marks. Semester Examinations of 2 hours duration – 60 marks
- The semester examination will be of 3 hours with maximum 100 marks which will be converted to 60 marks.
- The PG students have a common paper based on SET Paper I during the III Semester which has 3 credits. The classes will be on Saturdays handled by separate staff.
- As suggested by the Autonomy Review Committee Report, all M.Phil. Courses will have a common paper on Disaster Management with 2 credits.
For M.Phil. Courses the Components of CA and the distribution of marks shall be as follows:
There shall be two CA examinations of 2 hours for 50 marks which will be converted to 25 marks.
There shall be one problem solving session (or) published paper presentation in the proceedings of State/National Conferences, which carries 5 marks. If a student has published at least one paper in the proceedings of State/National Conferences 5 marks shall be given to papers I, II and III.
The third component of CA is seminar, which carries 10 marks.
The semester examination will be of 3 hours with maximum 100 marks which will be converted to 60 marks.
- The Head of each department report to the Principal every month and review the performance of the students and the department activities.
- Each student should spend at least 20 hours in every semester in the College Library (Main or Department library). A card system will be followed for monitoring.